Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm Looking through the Window

Make a window out of cardboard, cardstock, or laminated construction paper. Hold it up to your own face fist and sing,
I'm looking through the window,
I'm looking through the window,
I'm looking through the window,
To see who I can see...

Then say a child's name and have them come and sit on your lap. Then you hold the window up to their face and have them look out of it and sing it with their name. You can use this as a getting to know you activity or as a transition anytime of the year. You don't have to do every child in the class every time. You can do 4 or 5 kids and then when you are ready for the next activity you can say, ______ (child's name on your lap) sees everyone! My preschoolers loved it at the beginning of circle time. It was a great way to get kids interested in coming to the circle after snack, cleaning up, etc.

No comments: